CAREB-ACCER members are part of a collaborative environment that is unique in supporting Canadian REBs and aiding them to fulfill their mandate. In the ever-changing research environment, CAREB-ACCER provides a critical interface between REBs, research stakeholders and regulatory bodies, supporting and providing REB professionals with up-to-date information on proposed changes in the field and facilitating their ability to adapt and manage the impact of evolution on operational practices.
To be eligible for CAREB-ACCER membership, you must be interested in furthering the Associations' purpose and be at least one of the following:
- a member of an REB
- engaged in research ethics administration, practice or research
- engaged in the ethical conduct of human participant research.
Membership provides you with exclusive benefits, including:
- Discounted member-pricing for the CAREB-ACCER National Conference and Annual General Meeting
- Access to CAREB-ACCER discussion forums
- Access to the CAREB-ACCER online newsletter
- Access to the ‘members only’ section of the CAREB-ACCER website (including continuing educational opportunities and resources for members)
- Complimentary access to CAREB-ACCER Foundation Skills Professional Development Webinars (four webinar topics) and deep discounted pricing (up to 80% off) for Special and Emerging Issues Webinars
- Access to the CAREB-ACCER Virtual REB
To join or renew a membership, please read the following
payment information carefully before clicking "Add to cart."
The annual membership fee is $125 CAD + tx. This fee is for individual membership.
Payment can be made by credit card or by cheque. We cannot provide invoices but the pay-by-cheque option provides an invoice that can be submitted to your institution in lieu of an invoice.
Credit Card payments:
If you pay online at the time of registration, you will receive an e-mail confirmation and your application will automatically be sent to CAREB-ACCER. You will not need to do anything further; your membership will be active immediately.
Please note that we cannot process credit card payments by phone.
Payment via cheque:
If you choose the pay-by-cheque option, you will receive a copy of your completed membership form by email as confirmation and an invoice will be generated and sent to you via email.
PLEASE NOTE: Your membership will NOT be activated until CAREB-ACCER receives your cheque.
Please make your cheque payable to Canadian Association of Research Ethics Boards (CAREB)
Print out your completed membership form and send it along with your cheque to the following address:
c/o Sharon Newman, Treasurer
4 Allandale Rd
St. John's, NL
- Membership is valid for one person, for one calendar year (January to December inclusive) and is not transferable.
- Membership will not be pro-rated.
- Membership fees are not refundable once processed.
If you do not receive your email confirmation within 24 hours, or have difficulty using this online webform, please contact [email protected]