CAREB-ACCER members are part of a collaborative environment that is unique in supporting Canadian REBs and aiding them to fulfill their mandate. In the ever-changing research environment, CAREB-ACCER provides a critical interface between REBs, research stakeholders and regulatory bodies, supporting and providing REB professionals with up-to-date information on proposed changes in the field and facilitating their ability to adapt and manage the impact of evolution on operational practices.
To be eligible for CAREB-ACCER membership, you must be interested in furthering the Associations' purpose and be at least one of the following:
- a member of an REB
- engaged in research ethics administration, practice or research
- engaged in the ethical conduct of human participant research.
The annual membership fee is $125 CAD + tx. This fee is for individual membership.
Membership benefits include:
- Discounted registration fees for the CAREB-ACCER National Conference and Workshop Day
- Access to the CAREB-ACCER discussion Forum
- Access to the ‘members only’ section of the CAREB-ACCER website (including continuing educational opportunities and resources for members)
- Discounted pricing for CAREB-ACCER eModules – 4 modules are available now!
- Complimentary access to CAREB-ACCER Foundational Skills Professional Development Webinars and discounted pricing for other Webinars (coming soon).
Members also have the right to attend and to vote at the Annual General Meeting, and can put forward their names to sit on the CAREB-ACCER Board of Directors.
To join or renew a membership, please read the following
payment information carefully before clicking "Add to cart."
Payment can be made by credit card or by cheque.
Credit Card payments:
If you pay online at the time of registration, you will receive an e-mail confirmation and your application will automatically be sent to CAREB-ACCER. You will not need to do anything further; your membership will be active immediately.
Please note that we cannot process credit card payments by phone.
Payment via cheque:
If you choose the pay-by-cheque option, you will receive a copy of your completed membership form by email as confirmation and an invoice will be generated and sent to you via email.
PLEASE NOTE: Your membership will NOT be activated until CAREB-ACCER receives your cheque.
Please make your cheque payable to Canadian Association of Research Ethics Boards (CAREB)
Print out your completed membership form and send it along with your cheque to the following address:
c/o Sharon Newman, Treasurer
4 Allandale Rd
St. John's, NL
- Membership is valid for one person, for one calendar year (January to December inclusive) and is not transferable.
- Membership will not be pro-rated.
- Membership fees are not refundable once processed.
If you do not receive your email confirmation within 24 hours, or have difficulty using this online webform, please contact [email protected]
You may access your annual membership invoice at any time by logging in with your username and password, clicking on “Your account”, “Orders”, then the “Order number” for the most recent membership year. An invoice can be printed by clicking on “Printable invoice” which shows the CAREB-ACCER HST, QST, and GST numbers. Alternatively, you can send the invoice to yourself by email.